As part of our ongoing educational efforts, the Environmental Management & Sustainability Department offers a variety of materials and information to residents and school educators on trash collection and recycling topics.
In addition, staff is available to come out to your school or community group gathering to speak about the importance of recycling. Presentations are typically 15-30 minutes in length and can be tailored to your specific group. To request a speaker, please contact us.
What about landfill and recycling facility tours?
The City of Mesa does not own its own landfill or recycling facility. However, tours for both areas can be arranged directly through the Salt River Landfill.
Groups of 15 or more scouts may request a recycling presentation. Presentations are held Monday-Thursday during normal business hours at the Solid Waste Office, 730 N. Mesa Dr. Please submit your presentation request and a City of Mesa staff member will contact you.
- Just for Kids-Club Blue
- Junk Mail Reduction
- L.I.F.E. Style - Living in a Friendly Environmental Manner
- Natural Recipes
- Telephone Book Opt Out
- Recycling and Solid Waste Trivia
- Earth 911 - Useful recycling resource site
- Conversionator - Visit this site, sponsored by the National Recycling Coalition, to see how much of an impact recycling has on the planet.
- iWantToBeRecycled.org - Find out what can be made from recycled materials. Sponsored by Keep America Beautiful.