Sitio En Espanol
- The Judge - The Judge ensures the trial is conducted in an orderly manner according to the prescribed rules and laws.
- The Clerk - The Clerk is in charge of the jury during the trial and deliberations. The Clerk is also responsible for maintaining accurate permanent records of all court proceedings and exhibits.
- The Witness - The Witness is a person who gives testimony concerning the issue being tried.
- The Interpreter - The Interpreter is a qualified person who interprets the entire court proceeding for defendants and witnesses who do not speak English.
- The Defendant - The Defendant, in a criminal case, is the person charged with an offense.
- The Defense Attorney - The Defense Attorney represents the defendant. Some defendants are represented by attorneys and some are not.
- The Prosecuting Attorney - The Prosecuting Attorney from the Mesa City Prosecutor's Office presents the state's case against the defendant.
- The Prosecutor's Investigating Officer - The judge may allow the prosecutor's investigator on the case to sit with the prosecutor.
- The Jury - The Jury is composed of six individuals selected to decide the defendant's guilt or innocence based on the facts presented. Additional jurors may be selected as alternate jurors.