Development Planning/Civil Engineering Plan Review

55 N. Center St.
Mesa, AZ 85201
480-644-4273 (Call Center)

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 1466
Mesa, AZ 85201

Hours of Operation

M-Th 7am-6pm

Contact Information

Beth Hughes-Ornelas, Deputy Director

Development Planning/Civil Engineering Plan Review

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
The primary functions of the Development Planning/Civil Engineering Plan Review staff are:

Civil Engineering, Preliminary and Construction Document Plan Review

Review development projects for compliance with public works (utilities, streets, street lighting and traffic signals), drainage requirements, subdivision plats and dedications.

    Development Agreements

    The City of Mesa offers several financial programs that are formalized into an agreement to assist developers with their project.
    • City Share Financial Participation Program: This program is available to developers that are requested or required to install oversized public infrastructure improvements and/or facilities to meet both regional and local needs.

    • Utility Buy-In Program, aka Private Line Agreements: This program provides a mechanism for qualified developments to recover some of the costs associated with extending public water and sewer mains to their properties.

    • Utility Service Agreements: Properties outside the City limits may be eligible for City services such as sewer and/or water.  Please contact Liz Alvarado at (480) 644-4865 to determine eligibility.

    • Payment In Lieu of Construction Agreements: Allowing for developers to satisfy their obligation for the design, installation and/or construction of specified required public improvements via payment to the City for future construction.

    Non-City Utility Permits (NCUs)

    Responsible for the coordination and permitting of utility providers such as Cox Communications and Qwest to install utilities and/or facilities within the City of Mesa right-of-way.

    Related Development Information

    Utility quarter section maps, master drainage reports and record drawings are available for research or viewing at our office located at 55 N. Center Street.  To request copies of these documents, please complete a Document Retrieval Request Form  and submit in person to the Document Retrieval Desk or via fax at (480) 644-5542.  For current records request fees, please see our Schedule of Fees and Charges

    Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
    They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

    Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer