Regular City hours of operation are Monday-Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (closed Fridays) to offer services to you in the early mornings and evenings. This is part of an effort to maximize limited resources and to enhance customer service accessibility.
Note: Essential services (public safety, utilities) and quality of life services (parks, arts, libraries, airports) are not impacted by this schedule.
|Offices on the Monday - Thursday Schedule|
City Hall - 20 E. Main Street
City Court - 250 E. 1st Avenue
Communications - 161 E. 6th Place
*Customer Service (55 N. Center location) is now open 8 a.m. - 12 noon on Fridays for limited services. Hours are for open/close utility accounts, payments and same day residential turn-on for an additional fee.
Development & Sustainability (permits, inspections, code compliance, environmental issues, planning, zoning) – 55 N. Center
Solid Waste Division - 730 N. Mesa Dr.
Transportation - 300 E. 6th St.
Utilities - 640 N. Mesa Dr.
Friday and weekend hours and services continue for:
- Parks, Recreation & Commercial Facilities (golf courses, stadium, cemetery, Convention Center and Amphitheatre)
- i.d.e.a. Museum
- Arizona Museum of Natural History
- Mesa Arts Center
- Falcon Field Airport (air traffic/travel)
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport
- Other essential services such as water delivery and wastewater collections.
There will be regular transit service and garbage collection will remain the same.
The City of Mesa is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day - January
- Martin Luther King Jr./Civil Rights Day -January
- President's Day - February
- Memorial Day - May
- Independence Day - July
- Labor Day - September
- Veteran's Day - November
- Thanksgiving Day - November
- Day after Thanksgiving - November
- Christmas Day - December
Refuse and recyclables will be collected, but there will be no bulk-item pick-ups.
Police, fire and 9-1-1 emergency services will be available.
The City's Main, Dobson Ranch and Red Mountain libraries and book drops will be closed.
Dobson Ranch Golf Course will be open.
The Arizona Museum of Natural History and i.d.e.a. Museum will be closed on holidays EXCEPT for Friday after Thanksgiving.